Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Dance Class.. Holy Moly Dance Class

Well, after 4 boys and all the sports, and all that boy stuff, Kate and I finally have that little girl. Now let me tell you, what a little girl she is, she is everything needs to be pink, and loves to shop, and so prissy, and a drama queen from way back. lol

Well, I thought I had seen it all until that crazy Friday morning when I took Taya to dance class. Yeah, ok I grew up a tomboy, I mean I wore jeans and t-shirts, never dresses, no halter tops, no Madonna bracelets, no Olivia Newton John leg warmers, and defiantly no tutus and leotards.
These girls came to class with hair all done up, I swear make up, curls, and like those big frilly bows. There was one girl with a purple velvet leotard. Holy crap, all the tutus and pony tails and ribbons, it was complete madness. Mom's, and Grandma's primping these girls, fluffing their hair, and making sure everything looks perfect.

Well, it was my day with my baby, and you know I just can't do her hair like her Mama, and I probably don't dress her in her most girl stuff. Kate has to buy those clothes that have the matching animals - you know the ones that the tags match like all the hippo clothes go together, and the giraffes go together, you can't put a hippo and giraffe together, so when it's my day to dress her and get her ready she matches. I am a mess people, I even let her pick out her own stuff to wear, and sometimes it's interesting. Kate just gives me that look when Taya has some crazy outfit on, and her hair looks like I took a egg beater to it. I can never get that pony tail straight no matter how hard I try, and how she gets all the hair to stay in that pony tail holder is just beyond me.

So back to my story, so my baby comes in to dance with all these little Divas. They were all very cute, I am just poking fun really. Taya had a blast, after she watched for a while. I was really proud of her she marched around with them, and danced and learned how to do a crab walk, and a bridge. She learned to tap her heels and toes and do a shuffle tap thing, I think she is going to be the top of her class in no time. lol :)

So this weekend we went to Denver, and bought her every single dance thing that you need to be a successful Diva, from the shoes, to the bag, to the tutu, and of course a frilly pink leotard with hearts on it. We had to get her all the bells and whistles. It was a lot of fun for her Mama, Kate was all smiles. I think it's like when I get to take the boys and get new shoes, and equipment for wrestling, or soccer, or football. I coach their teams, and take them to all their games, we travel all over for their stuff. So, its pretty cool that Taya is getting her own little identity and her own thing, the world of Dance. :)

I do have to admit, she is the cutest little dancer I have ever seen, and she really had a great time. I kept high-fiving her when ever she would do one of the steps, and cheering her on, so I probably will be snubbed by the Moms that don't believe in slapping fives with little girls. Who knows, but it was good and it was nice to see her doing her own thing.

Well, all and all I am becoming painfully aware that my baby is growing up, she is a big girl now, a true DIVA. hee hee

Hey all have a great day, and I will blog your ear off later.
Jen

She is the Dancing Queen!

She is doing a boogie dance.


3 comments:

  1. The leotards they provide are from Gk, a very well-respected brand for good reason. They last well and fit well and the kids love their designs. We also discovered that used GK leotard still has a lot of life, and that there are places that sell new leotards at discounted prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting comment.....

    You daughter is a cute dancer.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete